Publishing with Netscape Composer
- This tutorial will guide you step-by-step through configuring Netscape Composer (included with Netscape Communicator software) to exchange files between your computer and your web site. In order to follow along with us, you'll need to have Netscape Composer installed, and you'll need to be connected to the internet via your Internet service provider.
- Create a simple page
- Before you may publish an html file to your web site with Composer, you must either have a page already created, or create a page. To create a page with Composer, follow these simple steps:
- With Composer open, choose File, New, Blank Page.
- Type in "This is a simple test"
- From the menu bar, choose File --> Save As
- Name the html file. (If this file is to be your homepage, be sure to name it index.html)
- Once you have the file saved to your hard drive, you are ready to publish the file.
- Publish Your Web Page
- From the menu bar, choose File --> Publish.
- The Publish Files dialogue box will open, and will look similar to this:
- Enter the following settings:
- HTTP or FTP Location to publish to: ftp://www.yourdomain.com
- Username: Insert your username here.
- Password: Insert your password here.
- If you wish, you may choose to save your password so that you don't have to enter it each time you log in. If you wish to enable this time saving feature, check the box marked "Save Password"
- Enter the Page Title at the top of the window, and also the Filename.
- When you are finished entering these settings, click on the OK button, and you will be connected to your server. The Security Information box may open, if so, just click on continue, and your file will upload.
Did This Article Solve Your Technical Issue?If you still have a support question, please use the form below to contact our technical support team. Please make sure to include your name, email address and phone number. Thank you!