Publishing with Macromedia Dreamweaver
- This tutorial will guide you step-by-step through configuring Macromedia Dreamweaver to exchange files between your computer and your web site. In order to follow along with us, you'll need to have Macromedia Dreamweaver installed, and you'll need to be connected to the internet via your Internet service provider.
- Create A Simple Page
- Before you may publish an html file to your web site with Dreamweaver, you must either have a page already created, or create a page. To create a page with Dreamweaver, follow these simple steps:
- With Dreamweaver open, choose File --> New.
- Type in "This is a simple test"
- From the menu bar, choose File --> Save As
- Name the html file. (If this file is to be your homepage, be sure to name it index.html)
- Once you have the file saved to your hard drive, you are ready to publish the file.
- Publish Your Web Page
- From the menu bar of the new window, choose Site --> Define Site. A new window will appear that looks like this.
- Click on edit.
- After the new window opens. Click on the Web Server Info option on the left.
- Enter the following settings:
- Server Access: FTP
- FTP Host: www.yourdomain.com.
- Host directory: leave this field blank
- Username: Insert your username here.
- Password: Insert your password here.
- Click "OK" at the bottom.
- When you are finished entering these settings, click on the OK button, and you will be connected to your server. The Security Information box may open, if so, just click on continue, and your file will upload.
- A new window like this will pop up.
- Click the connect button. The button will change to disconnect because you are already connected.
- The left hand side is your site and the right hand side is your local machine. Select the files that you wish to transfer from the right side of the window and drag them to the left side. You can also use the Get and Put buttons.
- For further assistance, visit Macromedia's web site: http://macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/
Did This Article Solve Your Technical Issue?If you still have a support question, please use the form below to contact our technical support team. Please make sure to include your name, email address and phone number. Thank you!