Publishing with Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
- Open DreamWeaver MX.
- Click on Site and choose New Site.
- Click on the Advanced Tab.
- For site name, enter a phrase that describes your site. Dreamweaver will choose a local root folder for you.
- Also, enter your HTTP address and click on the Remote Info category.
- Change Access to FTP.
- Then enter your FTP Host which is your domain name (yourdomain.com).
- Then enter your login name and password.
- Still on the same screen, place a check in Automatically upload files to the server on save.
- Click on the connect to remote site button.
- Make sure the second drop down reads Remote View. You will see a list of files in your folder.
- Double-Click any file, edit it, and choose save.
- Dreamweaver will automatically update it on the server.
- Should you ever add images or other files that need to be upload, select local view from the site drop down.
- Select the files that need uploading and click the PUT button (up arrow).
Did This Article Solve Your Technical Issue?If you still have a support question, please use the form below to contact our technical support team. Please make sure to include your name, email address and phone number. Thank you!