DOS FTP Support
- From the Start menu, select Run.
- In the Open text box, type in command, then hit OK.
- After the black DOS window pops up, type in FTP at the prompt. This will start up DOS FTP, and you should have an ftp> prompt. Now, type in open yourdomian.com. It will look something like this:
- Type in your Username (yourdomain.com outlined in yellow).
- Now type in your password.
- You should see: 230 User yourdomain.com logged in. Access restrictions apply. ftp>
- To list directories, type dir. This will give you a list of all the directories and files in your path.
- To change a directory type cd directory_name.
- To upload a file type put file_name.
- To download a file type get file_name. After you download a file, you will see something like this:
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for file.exe (239438 bytes).
- To exit DOS FTP, type in close at the ftp> prompt. Then type in bye and you will be taken back to your C:\ prompt.
Did This Article Solve Your Technical Issue?If you still have a support question, please use the form below to contact our technical support team. Please make sure to include your name, email address and phone number. Thank you!